Webinar: Industrial Competitiveness, Productivity and Energy Efficiency
Event Date: January 14, 2020
This is an online event
This project will assess the economic impacts associated with energy efficiency projects as they relate to system planning requirements for electricity and natural gas generation, transmission, and distribution systems. Considering the energy requirements for the top 5 industries in each province, CERI will evaluate the cost, emissions and energy system impacts of energy efficiency investments. These investments will have a variety of impacts including potentially increased labour, changes to the demand for electricity, oil and gas, and competitiveness with other countries and within Canada. Key questions that will be explored include:
- Energy efficiency investments compared to fuel switching
- How efficiency investments can lead to reductions in CO2 emissions, and how that impact changes by province
- How efficiency investments support the lowering of production costs and costs associated with carbon pricing
- The effect of efficiency investments on direct and indirect job creation, their linkage to the local job markets and the sustainability of these jobs
- The effectiveness of different program delivery mechanisms: codes, incentives, marketing, and training.
9:00 - 9:30 am (MST) presentation
9:30 - 10:00 am (MST) Question and Answer
This event is recognized by the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA). Participation hours qualify for the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Program.
Register For Event