FOUNDED IN 1975, THE CANADIAN ENERGY RESEARCH INSTITUTE (CERI) IS AN INDEPENDENT, REGISTERED CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION SPECIALIZING IN THE ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL ANALYSIS OF BUSINESS AND POLICY ISSUES IN THE PRODUCTION, TRANSPORTATION, AND USE OF OIL, NATURAL GAS AND ELECTRICITY.
OUR MISSION IS TO PROVIDE RELEVANT, INDEPENDENT, AND OBJECTIVE ECONOMIC AND ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH OF ENERGY ISSUES TO BENEFIT BUSINESS, GOVERNMENT, ACADEMIA AND THE PUBLIC.
CERI IS SEEKING A NON-EXECUTIVE CHAIRPERSON TO CONTINUE LEADING THE ORGANIZATION.
Responsible for the effective operation of the Board of Directors and the good governance of the Institute. This is a volunteer position.
- Leadership of the Board of Directors
- Plan meetings and agendas for Board meetings in conjunction with the President & CEO
- Liaison between the Board and the President & CEO
- Promote Board Member attendance at and participation during meetings
- Provide oversight and works toward achieving Board consensus on matters
- Ensure management implements the decisions of the Board
- Ensure all records, minutes and by-laws of the Board are current
- Annually review the performance of the President & CEO and Board Members
- Lead and help develop the strategic assessment of CERI’s long-term goals
- Actively promote CERI with government, industry, and various stakeholders
- Support to the Institute’s activities
- Engage in networking for the organization
- Support CERI fundraising activities
- Author thought pieces related to energy sector matters in Canada and globally
- Experience working with or on a Board of Directors
- Experience in the energy sector or support to the energy sector – government, industry or other stakeholder group
- Familiarity with economics
- Experience on a non-profit Board
- Experience with fundraising
- Bilingual (French and English)
This is a national search. To submit your resume to be considered for this role, or if you have questions, please email email@example.com and include Chairperson Search in the subject line. The deadline for submissions is Sep 21, 2018.